The mission of the IUL is to assist African Americans, other minorities, and disadvantaged individuals to achieve social and economic equality.
Consistent with our mission, the Indianapolis Urban League (IUL) is committed to valuing diversity and uses diversity as a tool to maximize organizational and community impact and effectiveness. IUL is committed to fostering a work and community environment where each person is appreciated, valued, respected, and encouraged and where racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity is valued and protected. Accordingly, IUL seeks to create a work environment where:
- The IUL does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, or age;
- Employees are treated fairly;
- Employees are recognized and rewarded based on ability and merit for the contributions they make;
- Employees have equal access to opportunities for growth and advancement, and they are encouraged and supported to reach their highest potential;
- Employees are respected and are expected to demonstrate respect in their daily conduct so that the workplace is free from harassment, discrimination, and intolerance; and
- The diversity of American society is represented at all levels throughout the organization.