Exchange Leadership Fellows Program
- Develop next generation of civic leaders through leveraging an intergenerational transfer of knowledge on specific topic areas aligned with the Indianapolis Urban League’s five-point strategy and the National Urban League’s State of Black America report.
- Develop a cohort of individuals that can support each other.
- Cultivate a public policy orientation that includes disadvantaged or marginalized perspectives.
- This fellowship provides participants a unique opportunity to engage in intergenerational conversations with top leaders in diverse fields, while receiving skills development training from world-class faculty, all geared toward the young professional. Participants will leave the program with a nuanced perspective of the Indianapolis community and the tools necessary for personal and professional growth and development. Sessions focus on the IUL’s pillars as well as business and leadership strategies. Thanks to a strong relationship with IUPUI’s School for Public and Environmental Affairs, the Kelly School of Business and The Tobias Center for Leadership Excellence, Fellows are equipped at each session with the tools to be successful in the workplace and in the community. Their sessions include but are not limited to:
- Managing relationships, effective communication, leadership vs. management, networking and working with different generation.
Exchange Leadership Fellows Program Application (2019-2020)