Who we are
- The Young Professional’s auxiliary of the Indianapolis Urban League, a local affiliate of the National Urban League.
- The local representation of the National Urban League Young Professionals.
- A collective movement between the ages of 21-40 who are concerned about disadvantaged communities & committed to taking positive action to shape the city.
- We raise friends and funds to advance the reach of the Urban League Movement
- Adrianne Slash, President
- Kris Graves,VP, Policy and Procedures
- Duane Ingram, VP, Programs
- Brent Lyle, VP, Membership
- Andre Franklin, Treasurer
- Sharvonne Williams, Secretary
- Meisha Wide, Staff Liaison
- Mobilize the next generation, ages 21-40, to support the Indianapolis Urban League in efforts to assist African Americans, other minorities and disadvantaged individuals to achieve social and economic equality.
- We believe the next generation must be empowered to affect change and meet the unique challenges in the Indianapolis urban community.
What we do:
We (P)romote, (A)dvocate and (D)evelop our members and position them to (S)erve the greater Indianapolis community. All while aligning with the IUL, inspiring the next generation of leaders and growing the Urban League Movement.
- Promote: We promote our members in the community for civic awards, honors and recognition.
- Advocate: We advocate for the greater community through grassroots efforts based on the five pillars of the National Urban League and the Indianapolis Urban League: Empowerment for Education & Youth; Heath & Quality of Life; Civic Engagement and Leadership; Civil Rights and Racial Justice; and Economics.
- Develop: We provide professional development and training opportunities through monthly meetings and through a leadership program in partnership with the Kelley School of Business.
- Serve: We coordinate community service efforts centered on the Urban League’s five pillars of focus.