LONG-TERM THRIVER CELEBRATION
OUR HEALTH. OUR COMMUNITY.
Join us as we celebrate thriving HIV Long-Term Survivors in our community, connecting the shared history of the forty-year journey from ARC to ending the HIV epidemic.
With advanced treatment options, people with HIV are living longer, healthier lives. But older adults still face stigma and challenges in HIV prevention, care, and treatment. Let’s Stop HIV Together.
Indianapolis Urban League
COMPLIMENTARY TESTING AND PREVENTATIVE SERVICES:
- Educational Sessions in English and Spanish
(HIV Prevention Information)
- Pre-Exposure Prophlaxis (PreP)
- Post-Exposure Prevention (PEP) (PEPSE)
- Treatment and Prevention (TasP)
- Blood Tests for HIV, Syphilis, ad Hepatitis C
- Urine Sample Tests for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trichomoniasis
Test results are provided by the Indiana State Department of Health and the Marion County Public Health Department Labs at least five 5 business days after the actual test.
Due to COVID-19 in-person restrictions, the Indianapolis Urban League offers HIV 20 minute Rapid Test by appointment only. Call (317) 693-7603 to schedule a confidential appointment between 8:30 am and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Learn more about our Special Populations Support Program click here
National HIV/AIDS Awareness Days are celebrated throughout the year:
- National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – February 7
- National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – March 10
- HIV Long-Term Survivors Day – June 5
- National HIV Testing Day – June 27
- National Latinx AIDS Awareness Day – October 15
- World AIDS Day – December 1