The Indianapolis Urban League is committed to improving public health throughout Indianapolis by providing community members with the tools to live healthier and more fulfilling life. In conjunction with our partners, we are committed to providing the best possible services and programs. Our goal is to help participants achieve vitality and elevated health through health education, wellness programs, healthy food access, and supportive services.
Healthy Living for Your Brain and Body
“Join the Indianapolis Urban League and the Alzheimer’s Association, Greater Indiana for a presentation and discussion about healthy living including ways to improve your brain health. The discussion will be led by local Alzheimer’s awareness advocates and educators, Ralph and Mollie Richards.
Get answers to your questions about COVID-19 and brain health, Alzheimer’s research and medications, and local resources from Dr. Sophia Wang from the Indiana Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center.
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
Types of Mental Health Providers:
- Psychiatrist -Medical doctor trained and specializing in psychiatry. Black Psychiatrists of America
- Psychologists – Doctoral level provider. Indiana Association of Black Psychologist and the Association of Black Psychologists
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers – Masters level providers licensed by state as clinical provider of social and mental health services
- Licensed Addiction Counselor – Licensed providers of addiction treatment
- Psychiatric Advanced Nurse Practitioner – Nurse trained in mental health and licensed to prescribe and treat mental health conditions.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor -Masters level providers licensed by state as provider of mental health services
- Licensed Marital and Family Therapist – Masters level providers licensed by state as providers of mental health services
Public Providers of Mental Health Services in Marion and Contiguous Counties. Community Mental Health Centers provide comprehensive mental health services and are supported by public funds, private insurance, Medicaid and Medicare.
- Adult and Child -317-882-5122 – Serving South and Southeast, Johnson County
- Aspire – 317-587-0500 – North Marion County, Hamilton County, Madison County
- Community Health Network (Gallahue) – 317-621-7600 – Northeast, East , Hancock County
- Cummins – 317-272-3330 – Avon, Hendricks County, and Marion County
- Eskenazi Health (Midtown) – 317-941-5003 – Marion County
- Hamilton Center – 317-937-3700 – Marion County