Indiana Black Expo, Inc. is proud to announce that the 2012 Circle City Classic® Scholarship Application is now available. Indiana Black Expo, Inc. is committed to assisting Indiana students in their pursuit of higher education. Scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors and undergraduate students who exhibit outstanding leadership, scholarship and community service. Preference will be given to first generation (those that will be the first in their family to graduate from college) and those that demonstrate financial need (low-income). All applications & official documents must be postmarked by April 15, 2012. Applications can be found at: http://www.indianablackexpo.com/
The Indiana Laborers’ Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee will make applications available for apprenticeship training on March 20, 2012 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm at Laborer’s Local #120, 1520 N. Riverside Drive, Suite E, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202. Applicants must: be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, be physically able to perform the work of the trade, have a high school diploma or GED or be willing to pursue GED within the first year of the program, pass a drug test, and be eligible to work in the United States.
Indiana University, Bloomington is currently accepting applications for their 2012 Summer Science Camp, “Adventures in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)”. The camp is FREE and open to Indiana students currently in grades 5, 6 or 7. Camp Dates: July 8-20, 2012. The camp will cover: how to protect our natural environment, how to build and program robots, how math, science, and computer skills that can help you in school and later in life, how to design and create video games, leadership skills and test-taking tips, scholarships and paying for college, exciting careers in health, science, technology, engineering and math. Application deadline is April 6th. Please visit www.indiana.edu/~demastem for program details and application:. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us: (812) 856-5700
1. C & S Wholesale Grocers is seeking an Inventory Control Specialist. The primary purpose of this position is to: resolve problem transactions; prevent erroneous credits from being issued. Requirements; high school diploma or equivalent, minimum 6 months cycle counting, basic understanding of IC practices and procedures. proven ability to problem solve in stressful situations, quality assurance or inventory control experience is preferred, ability to learn quickly, strong knowledge of warehouse computer systems, proficiency in Excel and the ability to convey findings to upper management/customer through written and verbal communications. Office environment combined with Warehouse environment and temperatures vary based on grocery, frozen or perishable building. Standing, walking, use of binoculars, handheld computer, sitting/typing at computer. For information about this position and other open positions, go to: http://www.weselectthebest.com/
2. Cassidy Turley is hiring for an Assistant Property Manager. Responsibilities: provide world-class client support, assist with bid process of contract services, prepare lease summaries of new tenants, assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports, assist Property Manager in preparation of the annual budget and operating expense escalations, collect rent and handle minor account issues, assist with tenant relations, draft correspondence on various matters pertaining to property management, monitor the maintenance work order system, prepare monthly reports on status of tenant complaints in all buildings, work on special projects under supervision of Property Manager, work with engineering staff, conduct routine property inspections, assist in answering tenant service calls, and ensure COI’s and Vendor Contracts are kept current. Requirements: Bachelors Degree in any business field, extensive experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, Accounting experience preferred. The successful candidate will be very detail-oriented, able to handle multiple projects at any given time, extremely professional, and customer service oriented. For information about this position and other open positions, go to: www.cassidyturley.com/about-us/careers/
3. CareerKickoff – search for employment openings at www.careerkickoff.com.
4. Easter Seals Crossroads is seeking to fill the following positions: First Steps Providers, Outpatient Occupational Therapist, Industrial Division Controller, Employment Programs Manager and Maintenance Assistant. For more information or to apply go to: http://www.eastersealscrossroads.org/job-opportunities
5. Genco is hiring for an On line Product Lead. GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: responsible for providing value to the customer, responsible for deciding on qualified merchandise to resell on NoBetterDeal.com, assist the department supervisor in managing the B2C inventory, responsible for providing feedback on items that could potentially bring a higher recovery, focusing primarily on selecting the proper sales channel, ability to communicate direct with the Sales group to provide feedback, responsible for keeping the work area clean and free of any safety hazards, other duties may be assigned by your supervisor or manager as needed. THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE: familiarity with a PC/scanner, knowledge of current market of categories such as electronics, music, kitchen, etc., self-Starter skills, ability to meet deadlines, and excellent attendance record. High school diploma or above is preferred, but not necessary. Apply via: http://www.logisticsjobsite.com/job.asp?id=45586456&aff=AC44BA2E-E3EB-4DBC-8BDB-9FCE01C58B09
6. General Parts Inc. is looking for a Customer Delivery Teammate. As a Customer Delivery Teammate, you will take a leadership role in: General knowledge of automotive aftermarket functions and purpose. Position requires proof of good driving record and good defensive driving skills. Must maintain a good driving record and must pass a pre-work screen to demonstrate ability to perform the physical requirements of the job in a safe and efficient manner. Good organizational and time management skills required. Able to understand cataloging index systems and able to read manufacturing automotive components paper cataloging system. Learns to use point of sale and electronic cataloging systems. Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED. Customer service experience retail, preferably in automotive aftermarket. Must be 19 years of age or older with a valid driving license and a good driving record. Desired Skills: Bi-lingual skills preferred. To apply go to: http://tinyurl.com/7rnr4dn
Other openings: General Parts Inc. has several other job openings. For details and to apply go to: http://www.carquest.com/careers/opportunity.html
7. Hard2Hire – is an employment website for people such as individuals with disabilities, ex-offenders, older workers, and many others who have the hardest time finding the American dream. To learn about various employment opportunities visit website at: http://www.hard2hire.com. When the page comes up, type in your zip code in the first box under “Find Your Job” and the job title of interest in the “keyword” box then click the “Search” button.
8. Indeed.com - list jobs from various search engines and online job sites. Search site now at www.indeed.com.
9. Indianapolis International Airport has openings for the following positions: Firefighter/Medic, Internal Auditor and Chauffeur part-time. To apply or for more information, go to: http://www.indianapolisairport.com/employment_business/employmentOpportunities.aspx10
10. Indianapolis Motor Speedway and INDYCAR companies are looking for qualified individuals to work during the 2012 event season. Many opportunities exist and interested candidates can apply directly online. Please see our jobs board at the following link: http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/about/35265-Jobs/
11. The Indianapolis Public Library currently has the following openings: Public Services Librarian (FT) Central Adult Services (5 positions) To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1282651,
Juvenile Public Services Librarian (PT) Eagle Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1282671, Adult/Juvenile Public Services Librarian (PT) Nora Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1282701, Adult Public Services Librarian (PT) Pike Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1282761, Juvenile Public Services Librarian (PT) Southport Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1282791, Juvenile Public Services Librarian (PT) Warren Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1282801
Library Assistant II (FT) Garfield Park Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1283191, Library Assistant II (PT) Glendale Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1283371, Library Assistant II (PT) Lawrence Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1283441, Library Assistant II (PT) Nora Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1289111, Library Assistant II (PT) Pike Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1283491, Library Assistant II (PT) Southport Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1283501, Library Assistant II (PT) Wayne Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1283531, Library Assistant II (PT) West Indianapolis Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1283561, Library Assistant II (PT) Warren Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1283581, Library Assistant I (PT) College Avenue Branch
To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1283021, Library Assistant I (PT) East Washington Branch To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1283121
12. The Indianapolis Zoo is seeking applicants for the following seasonal positions: Admissions Host/Hostess, Parks Attractions Operators, Gardeners and Security Officers. For more information or to apply, go to: http://www.indyzoo.com/SitePages/AboutTheZoo/JobsAtTheZoo.aspx
13. Indy Hires – Out of work? Looking for a new career? Search new jobs posted in Indianapolis in the last 7 days. Visit website at http://indy.localhires.com. Type job title of interest in search box and click the “Search” button.
14. Indy JobWall – to learn about various employment opportunities with colleges and universities in Indiana visit website at http://indy.localjobwall.com/?p=16.
15. Jobs in Indianapolis.com – to learn about various employment opportunities in Indianapolis visit website at http://www.jobsinindianapolis.com.
16. Johnson Controls, Inc. has openings for the following positions:
O&M Generalist II - RR (075150) PRINCIPLE DUTIES: Assists in performing non-technical tasks such as painting, mowing, basic grounds keeping, building monitoring, etc. Assists other workers with: running errands, i.e. retrieving supplies/materials for tasks, holding objects (materials requiring more than one person), cleaning up after completion of tasks, etc. Must comply with work order system to include interpreting work orders, performing work requested and completing work orders per instruction. Moves furniture and equipment as assigned. Loads or unloads material, parts or products onto or from pallets, skids, conveyors or trucks, manually or using a forklift or other material handling equipment. Ensures all light fixtures are operational, change light bulbs as necessary. Observes assigned area(s) for damage, etc., and reports to supervisor items needing attention: makes routine repairs and adjustments as requested. May assist in inventory of materials for reference. May perform routine security tours of buildings and grounds, examining doors, windows and gates, to ensure they are properly secured. May be required to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to: floor waxing, buffing, trash collection and removal. May operate and maintain heavy equipment such as floor scrubbers, buffers, waxing machines or grounds keeping equipment. May be required to mix appropriate chemical(s) per manufacturer's specifications. Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Performs any other miscellaneous duties as requested. To apply go to: http://tinyurl.com/6w8mz24
O&M Site Ops Supv II 560- RR (075154) PRINCIPLE DUTIES: Responsible for hiring, training and scheduling the staff needed to fulfill O&M contractual obligations. Responsible for programming and monitoring alarm responses and mechanical operations. Contract may specify responsibilities for HVAC, mechanical, fire, security systems, etc. Communicates with client and other facility occupants to ensure customer satisfaction and enhance our opportunity to secure "contract extras". Maintains and updates all assigned systems. Develops and implements an employee training and development plan. Provides regular management reports as requested by the O&M team and the client. May be required to be on call 24/7 to provide telephone assistance as well as emergency response to the facility. Ensures compliance to all city, state, and federal license and certification requirements. Maintains and submits all records and documents to proper authorities. Reviews all work and assures performance in accordance with established safety procedures. Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards. Performs other duties as required.To apply go to: http://tinyurl.com/6ucq2gx.
For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com
17. The Jones Group has openings for Store Managers in two locations: Keystone Crossing (http://tinyurl.com/6u4xrk5) and Downtown Indy (http://tinyurl.com/7gmftq9). DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES: Description: This position is responsible for every aspect of a single store, including the management of sales, staff development, operations, merchandising and expenses. The successful Store Manager will be a passionate brand ambassador - possessing extensive product knowledge, committed to ensuring compliance with all Company policies and procedures while exemplifying outstanding leadership qualities. This organized motivator demonstrates the ability to lead and inspire others in providing consistently excellent customer service. Apply at the above links.
18. Major Tool and Machine, Inc. has openings for several positions. For a description of the open positions and to apply, go to: http://www.majortool.com/contact-us/careers
19. The Mentor Network is looking for a Mentor Recruiter. Requirements: Bachelors degree required; preferred focus in human services, marketing or business. Three years of related experience required. Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state. This position will develop and implement recruiting and retention tracking tools and strategies, and measure success of campaign effectiveness, creating and designing new campaigns as needed to continuously attract new Mentors. The primary focus of the position is recruitment. Apply via: http://jobs.thementornetwork.com/indianapolis-jobs
20. OneAmerica currently has a variety of openings in customer service/customer relations, sales, management, investment, accounting, administrative/processing, and IT. The positions are as follows:
Customer Service / Customer Relations- Producer Relationship Consultant, Participant Services Representative, Plan Services Consultant, and Client Services Consultant
Sales- Internal Sales Support Consultant and VP Regional Sales
Management- Supervisor Transition Services and Director, Systems
Investment- Manager Investment Reporting and Administration
Please visit our website at http://www.oneamerica.com/wps/wcm/connect/oa/OneAmerica/Home/Careers/ and select "Urban League" as your referral source when you apply online.
21. ProBuild Holdings Inc. is looking for an Inventory Replenishment Spec. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Reviews system generated reports and uses information to generate purchase orders for stock merchandise. Places purchase orders from vendors to balance projected needs with special buy opportunities and future promotions utilizing on-time delivery methods. Ensures all costs are accurate and accounted for on purchase orders. Assists sales staff to determine best sources and place special orders. Assists marketing, pricing, inventory control, and accounts payable departments to resolve system and/or invoice cost discrepancies and determine appropriate corrective action with vendor to resolve. Coordinates product workshops with vendors. Provides sales and informational assistance on products and freight to staff and customers. Returns defective merchandise and ensures proper and timely credit is received from vendor. Proofs tab merchandising and provides local item and price changes to marketing/advertising. Coordinates merchandise changes with vendors to ensure product presentation is correct. Ensures tab merchandise and signage is in place at start of an event. Furnishes information to pricing department to set up new items/delete discontinued items from branch system. Monitors clearance of discontinued items. Ensures bin tag changes are made in a timely manner. Coordinates proper merchandising and P.O.P. is in place and maintained. May shop competition to identify competitive pricing in market area and communicate information to pricing and marketing departments. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures. To apply go to: http://tinyurl.com/6wlunyh
22. Riley Hospital for Children is looking for a Patient Service Assistant. Job Details: This position exists to support non-clinical services required by patients in an inpatient care area by providing a clean, well-organized and adequately stocked patient care area. Ensures that the equipment used in the area is clean and in good working condition. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Requires basic computer knowledge. Requires ability to organize and prioritize basic and routine activities. Requires ability to meet short time frames when cleaning and preparing rooms. Requires good communications and public relations skills. Requires the understanding and practice of the principles of good personal hygiene and aseptic techniques to prevent infection of patients; self; and others. Requires the ability to comprehend written and verbal instructions. Requires ability to read, write, follow directions and communicate in English. Apply via: http://www.healthcarejobsite.com/job.asp?id=43315796 click on “Apply to job”
23. Scantron is currently seeking a Field Service Tech. Education & Knowledge Required: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred. Experience / Skills / Abilities Required: Two or more years related experience and/or training. Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive in a variety of traffic levels throughout the day. Experienced on desktop/peripheral styles/groups applicable to assigned territory. Windows network environment experienced with XP, Vista and Windows 7. Knowledge of Windows Server 2003 or Server 2008 a plus. Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems a plus. Strong electro-mechanical diagnosis/repair abilities a plus. Ability to work autonomously and manage all aspects of the position. Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. To apply, go to: http://tinyurl.com/6mwcroy
24. Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc is currently seeking the following for The Westin Indianapolis:
Storekeeper . Department: The Shipping and Receiving department. Accepts and processes all shipments and packages for the hotel, including those for guests. Job Description: To ensure proper storage and distribution of all packages and shipments used by the Hotel Requirements. Education: High school or equivalent education required. Experience: Previous customer service experience required. Grooming: All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards. To apply, go to: http://tinyurl.com/6lnc6ux
25. Target has an opening for a Group Leader. As a Group Leader, you'll take the lead as you…Identify and coordinate daily activities of 20-40 team members; inspire your team to achieve desired results in productivity, teamwork, safety, quality, and job knowledge. Collaborate across departments to drive optimal productivity; foster an environment in which diverse backgrounds are respected and valued. Ensure performance plans are set, maintained, and continuously improved; generate creative solutions to identify improvements in processes. Drive your personal growth and development by leveraging tools, resources, and relationships with other leaders. Maintain level of service requirements throughout the process, from our vendors to our distribution center to our stores. Manage a safe workplace by advocating safety training and accident preparedness. Requirements: 4-year degree. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences; strong reasoning, analytical, and organizational skills. Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict; ability to provide feedback and develop team. Ability to read, interpret, and effectively communicate necessary policies and procedures to others. Ability to access all levels and areas of facility. Openness to relocation. Most facilities operate 24/7 requiring team members to be open to working non-rotational shifts. To apply go to: https://targetcareers.target.com/talentcommunity/apply/1152848/?#tracked
26. Wishard Health Services is looking for qualified individuals for Midtown Community Mental Health Center, Community Health Centers and Wishard Memorial Hospital. For a list of all available positions and to apply, go to: http://www.wishard.edu/careers
Thank you for visiting the IUL Job Board, a tool for your self-directed job search. If you decide to apply for any of these positions, please let the employer know you learned about the position from the postings on our website. If the information provided here assist you in gaining employment, please let us know. You can call 693-7642 or email email@example.com.