Congressman André Carson will be hosting his 3rd Annual Central Indiana Job Fair in cooperation with Ivy Tech Corporate College. It will be held on Tuesday, August 7th from 9am-3pm at Ivy Tech Illinois Fall Creek Center, 2535 N. Capitol Ave.
Google announced the launching of Indiana Get Your Business Online. Google worked with partners including the Indiana Small Business Development Centers to design the program, which will help drive economic growth by giving Indiana businesses the tools and resources to establish a website, find new customers, and grow their business. Increasing the number of small businesses online is one of the best ways to expand the Indiana economy. Indiana Get Your Business Online is an easy and fast way for businesses to get online. For the next year, participating Indiana businesses can go to IndianaGetOnline.com to get a free website as well as free tools, training and resources to help their business succeed online. Google is partnering with Intuit to provide its popular Intuit Websites offerings for free including an easy-to-build website, a customized domain name and web-hosting for one year.
Google is also hosting an all-day workshop in Indianapolis on Friday, August 3rd. The free event will allow small business owners to build a free website, promote their business online and ask questions from Google experts. Event Details: Indiana Get Your Business Online, Friday, August 3, 2012, 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Mavris Arts and Event Center, 121 S. East Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
To register and for more information visit: http://www.indianagetonline.com/
WorkOne Indianapolis will connect qualified healthcare workers to local hospital and medical facility hiring managers during the Healthcare Hire Fair at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on August 27, 2012. The Hire Fair, which differs from a traditional job fair, will provide specific paths for prescreened candidates with healthcare education and experience and assist those interested in obtaining healthcare training. The event will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and will include access to WorkOne services, networking with healthcare professionals, onsite resources for resume development and interview skills as well as opportunities for on-site interviews.
Hire fair attendees can plan to connect with over 20 employers from local hospitals, medical offices and long term care/assisted living facilities including IU Health, St. Vincent, Community Health Network, Wishard, and Richard L. Roudebush VAMC. Ivy Tech Community College, University of Indianapolis, IU Health Science Education, Walker Career Center, J. Everett Light Community and Continuing Education, and other education providers will be on-site to provide information on training programs to attendees who are interested in advancing their career in healthcare.
While walk-in attendees are welcome, it is highly recommended that anyone planning to attend the Hire Fair visit an Indianapolis WorkOne office to be prescreened. Prescreening activities are taking place at the three Indianapolis WorkOne centers now though August.
1. ABM is currently hiring for the following positions: Janitorial Cleaning Tech, Building Engineer, General Maintenance Tech, and Security Officer. For information about these positions and others available, visit: https://abm.tms.hrdepartment.com/cgi-bin/a/searchjobs_quick.cgi?kand=&kor=&kquote=&knot=&geog=Indianapolis_IN_US&qty=25&sj=1&order=jobs.timedate+DESC&search=Search+Jobs.
2. Altec Industries is looking for Electrical Assembler. Responsible for installing all lights, brackets, and electrical hardware to wire truck according to customer specifications. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Must be able to: Read work orders and schematics to determine specifications for jobs. Order parts needed as per job specification. Locate and mark positions for light, switches, brackets relays solenoids, cables and other electrical apparatus. Drill holes, weld brackets, and mount all specified electrical apparatus. Make and install PDM’s for all electrical accessories. Thread wiring and pre-assembled cables from under dash along frame, through holes to terminals of power source and connects to installed electrical apparatus. Test all wiring for correct operation of electrical equipment. Perform re-work as necessary to meet specifications. Ability to troubleshoot circuits. Basic Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED Minimum one year of experience in an electrical environment OR post-high-school education in electrical study OR a combination of electrical study and on-the-job training for at least one year. Mechanical knowledge is also required, with an ability to read tape measure and schematics. The experience and education of an electrician engaged in commercial or residential wiring is not a match and will not be able to be considered as meeting Qualifications. Please make sure the resume or application is specific as to qualifications. Apply on-line at http://www.altec.com/careers.php Or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. CareerKickoff – search for employment openings at www.careerkickoff.com
4. Coca Cola is currently hiring for the following positions: Order Builder, Quality Assurance Technician, Maintenance Mechanic, Driver Merchandiser, Production Supervisor and Warehouse Supervisor. For additional information or to apply, go to: http://coca-colarefreshments.jobs/indianapolis/indiana/usa/jobs/.
5. ConAgra Foods is accepting applications for the following positions: Team Leader Production, Production Manager and Production Operator. To apply for these positions and for additional information, go to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_searchresults.asp?ref=7302012162620&SID=^5Aoq2bstTQ1ScrXscLrZFauqD52QbJ6FPPqhi1kVS9upii2JliBjtQ==
6. Connect2Help is looking for an I&R Specialist. They are looking for candidates with: Experience, knowledge and a committed interest in social services; Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent computer skills, including typing skills of 28 wpm or higher. Priority will be given to bilingual Spanish speakers and English speakers who would be able to work overnights (11 pm to 8 am). Salary: $9-$11 per hour depending on education, skills and previous experience. To apply: STEP 1: Go to http://www.careerstep.com/free-typing-test and test your typing speed. You must be able to type 28 wpm or higher to be qualified for this position. You will be tested prior to any interview. STEP 2: Click here to take Connect2Help Employment Assessment. STEP 3: Email email@example.com. Attach both a cover letter and resume. Documents may be in Word (*.doc, *.docx), Adobe PDF (*.pdf) or text (*.txt) formats.
7. Gate Gourmet is looking for a Food Preparer. Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for airlines and railroads. They serve more than 200 million meals a year to our 250-plus customers at more than 100 airport locations around the globe. They are now hiring for Food Preparers to work in our flight kitchen located at the IND airport. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement. A Food Preparer prepare meals for various airlines by cutting, chopping, and wrapping dishes and meals and setting up the food carts for delivery. Their Employees Must Be Able to: work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays, work overtime when required, arrive to work on-time, pass a criminal background check, pass a drug screen, handle fish, beef, pork, poultry and other food products, complete paperwork, communicate with Supervisors and co-workers, follow directions, work as a member of a team. Environmental Requirements: Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise. May work in a cold room of 40 degrees or less for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds. Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours. https://tbe.taleo.net/NA12/ats/careers/apply.jsp?org=GATEGOURMETHOURLY&cws=1.
8. Goodwill currently has many employment openings including the following: Assistant Site Supervisor, Nurse Home Visitor, Nurse Supervisor, Team Lead, PT Childcare Attendant and Data Coordinator. For information on all open position at Goodwill, please visit: http://www.goodwillindy.org/mod/jobs/jobsAtGoodwill/.
9. Hess Corporation has an opening for a Regional Sales Manager. THE CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LEADING A SALES REGION CONSISTING OF MULTIPLE MARKETS. POSITION HOLDER WILL HAVE OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL SALES CHANNELS AND SALES SUPPORT WITHIN THE REGION. GOAL WILL BE TO MAXIMIZE SALES NATURAL GAS AND ELECTRICITY AND ADDED VALUE PRODUCTS TO COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL CUSTOMERS. PRIORITIES WOULD INCLUDE GROWING THE CUSTOMER BASE AND MEETING SALES METRICS AND OBJECTIVES.REQUIRED SKILLS: BACHELORS DEGREE IN BUSINESS OR RELATED FIELD, MBA PREFERRED. POSITION REQUIRES MINIMUM OF FIVE TO TEN YEARS DIRECT SALES EXPERIENCE WITH EXPOSURE TO COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL CUSTOMERS. PREVIOUS MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS. PROVEN TERRITORIAL MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE BOTH IN THE SALES AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASPECTS OF DIRECT SELLING. SOLID UNDERSTANDING OF THE COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL SALES PROCESS. KNOWLEDGE OF ALL HESS ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES AND SYSTEMS. WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF COMPETITION THROUGHOUT THE ASSIGNED MARKETING AREA. KNOWLEDGE OF COMPANY OBJECTIVES AND POLICIES. TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE OF NATURAL GAS AND ELECTRICITY PROPERTIES AND SPECIFICATIONS AND HOW THEY RELATE TO END-USERS. ABILITY TO INTERFACE EFFECTIVELY WITH ALL LEVELS OF MANAGEMENT AND OTHER DEPARTMENTS WITHIN THE CORPORATION TO DEVELOP EFFECTIVE NETWORKS AND BUILD ALLIANCES. EXCELLENT INTERPERSONAL AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS. STRONG ANALYTICAL AND PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS. SOLID ORAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS. EXCELLENT ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS. ABILITY TO HANDLE MULTIPLE TASKS AT THE SAME TIME. To apply, go to: http://tinyurl.com/cykkgry
10. Indy Hires – Out of work? Looking for a new career? Search new jobs posted in Indianapolis in the last 7 days. Visit website at http://indy.localhires.com/. Type job title of interest in search box and click the “Search” button.
11. Indy JobWall – to learn about various employment opportunities with colleges and universities in Indiana visit website at http://indy.localjobwall.com/?p=16.
12. Kindred Healthcare is currently hiring for a Spiritual Care Coordinator PRN *Hospice*. Summary: Responsible as a member of the interdisciplinary team to the PFCC for the provision of spiritual assessment, planning and care in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families consistent with Peoplefirst HomeCare and Hospice policies and procedures. Reports to the PFCC. Responsibilities: Responsible for identifying patient/family/caregiver spiritual needs and for providing spiritual support and guidance, consistent with patient/family/caregiver beliefs and values, in accordance with the attending physician's orders and the interdisciplinary team plan of care. Responsible for spiritual community relations. Education and Experience Requirements: Graduate of an accredited college, university or divinity school with a degree in ministry, psychology, or counseling. Masters Degree, Ordained Minister and Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) preferred. Minimum of 2 years experience in spiritual or pastoral counseling, preferably one year in a health care setting. Experience in end of life care, Hospice care and CPE practicum preferred. Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in varied settings. Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively as an effective team member. Ability to communicate effectively with patients and their family members, and at all levels of the organization. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Current drivers license and auto insurance. Current CPR certification. To apply, go to: http://tinyurl.com/dyahqm8
13. OneAmerica currently has the following positions open: Portfolio Administrator SR, Web Business Analyst, Support Specialist SR, Plan Analyst Consultant I, Plan Services Consultant, and Internal Sales Partner Financial Institutions Development. For information about all positions currently available at OneAmerica, go to: http://www.oneamerica.com/wps/wcm/connect/oa/OneAmerica/Home/Careers/.
14. Not for Profit Jobs Board- employment opportunities in the not for profit sector. http://charitableadvisors.myexacthire.com/searchjobs.php
15. Pepsico currently has openings for a Maintenance Supervisor and a Transportation Supervisor.
Maintenance Supervisor: PURPOSE AND KEY RESULTS OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for leading and managing the maintenance team through coordination of resources and activities for all maintenance functions in the plant. The successful candidate will provide the technical link between maintenance functions and production needs. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:• Lead and manage of team of 12 maintenance technicians with electrical, mechanical and process knowledge. Also responsible for two support operation positions. Budget, direct, manage and control all REA projects ensuring all schedules and budgets are met. Manage and direct the maintenance functions within the plant with minimum cost and high reliability. Develop and implement procedures to ensure spare parts availability and control of assets is maintained. Pearl system implementation is expected. Responsible for procedure implementation for ISO system. Responsible for management of H/S/E plans and support of safety within the plant. Management of the Kississmee Apprenticeship program. Lead training sessions for both maintenance team and production team members. Develop maintenance team through external training plan. Develop and implement both preventive and predictive maintenance programs. Control the ongoing repair and period maintenance budgets in line with the fiscal plan. Implement cost reductions to offset negative or unplanned variance to the fiscal plan. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES: Four year technical or engineering degree required. Analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills required. Strong organizational skills. Leadership and management skills required. Highly motivated, self starter. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Computer literacy needed to work with software packages such as Excel, Word and Pearl. Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC's would be beneficial. Team building skills to lead maintenance team and drive results. Financial knowledge would be beneficial. To apply, go to: http://careers.pepsico.com/job/Indianapolis-Maintenance-Supervisor-Job-IN-46201/1718141/.
Transportation Supervisor: General Summary: Provide operational, logistic and administrative transportation support for the Indianapolis, IN plant and distribution facilities and other assigned locations. Responsible for executing daily operational tasks as required to deliver service and financial metrics at or better than annual performance targets. Coordination and execution of approximately 80,000+ interfacility and customer finished-goods shipments at an annual freight cost of >$45MM. Major Task Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities: 1. Drive successful preparation and execution of finished goods transportation from assigned facilities (Sales Orders, Stock Transfer Orders) in order to achieve service goals at lowest-landed cost. 2. Work with Sr. Regional Transportation Manager in securing common carrier capacity and rates for all freight lanes both annually and on a daily basis. This includes ERG/TM/SAP system utilization and freight accrual integrity via rate communication with carriers, to the carrier freight payment team and with Cass Information Systems; 3. Serve as on-site transportation operations contact to drive problem resolution, interacting with transportation providers (common carriers and private fleets), schedulers, shipping facilities, DC and warehouse managers, Network Coordinators, Customer Service, Planning and directly with customer locations as required. 4. Manage/monitor critical shipments in support of key PBA product innovation and/or promotional launches. 5. Resolve daily shipment exceptions (i.e. unroutable loads, late deliveries, trailer seal discrepancies, customer delivery reschedules and refusals, freeze protection requirements); 6. Effectively negotiate 'on the spot' transportation rates for ad-hoc moves and ensure rates are submitted according to guidelines, in coordination with regional transportation manager. 7. Assist in the development and execution of cost savings initiatives within the region, assist in the review of dedicated carriers and lanes, and in the preparation and coordination of annual bid process for assigned facilities. Basic Job Qualifications: 3+ years of Supply Chain Operations experience; Understanding of Freight Transportation function, processes, modes and service providers (Truckload, Less-than-Truckload and Intermodal); Proficiency / experience in key PepsiCo Supply Chain systems (i2 TMS, Enterprise Route Guide, SAP) is preferred; Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing time-sensitive decisions; Ability to engage and influence stakeholders from a variety of supply chain functions and network sites; strong written and oral communication required; Process-oriented with analytical capacity is preferred; proficiency in MS Excel required; Initiative, a positive attitude and the ability to manage through change. College-degree required (internal candidates with appropriate experience could be considered). To apply, go to: http://careers.pepsico.com/job/Indianapolis-Transportation-Supervisor-Job-IN-46201/2030620/.
16. PPG Industries, Inc. is looking for a Management Trainee. Management Training Program: As one of the industry's leading Architectural Coatings business, we are always looking for future leaders. Our Management Trainee program is one of the finest in the industry and provides a solid foundation for you to build your future on. This is our entry level position into a management career path and from this point you can build your own future with the Career Development tools that PPG will provide you. Training: This program will include structured training at a dedicated training center and will involve hands on training, self study modules, classroom training as well as continued learning. This position is designed to provide extensive training, both on-the-job and through company training programs, to give you the management and technical skills necessary to become an Assistant Store Manager. Each Management Trainee works one-on-one with experienced store managers, spending time in each department learning how to manage the day to day store operations. Job Description: Work in a retail paint store selling paint and sundry products, processing orders and returns, while developing excellent product knowledge. Mixing Paint and performing color matches by customer request. Quickly resolve customer complaints and problems Interact with other PPG stores, corporate offices, vendors, and employees. Build and maintain strong relationships with customers. Exhibit leadership skills and be highly self-motivated. Must have ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Job Requirements: Bachelors Degree or working toward completion within 1 year. Must be willing to work all scheduled hours, which may include evenings and weekends; and overtime. Submit to a background check including: criminal, credit check, and driver's license check • Submit to a hair analysis intoxicant screen. Must be legally able to work in the United States. Must be 18 years of age. Willingness to relocate to other U.S. cities as development opportunities are identified. What can we offer you? Salary - $35,000 annually. Medical and Dental coverage (90 day waiting period). 401K Plan. Life Insurance. Paid Vacation / Holiday. Employee Discount. To apply, go to: http://tinyurl.com/c7l7w8a
17. Starwood Hotels and Resorts is looking for a Room Attendant. The Housekeeping department is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of guest rooms and public spaces in accordance with brand standards. Job Description: Clean guest Rooms in accordance with established company, brand or hotel standards to allow a sufficient quantity of vacant and clean rooms. Maybe assigned to specific cleaning projects in the Hotel. QUALIFICATION STANDARDS Education High school or equivalent education preferred. Experience Prior hospitality experience desired. Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards. To apply go to: http://tinyurl.com/czndog7
18. TJX Companies, Inc. (TJ Maxx, HomeGoods and Marshalls) currently has the following openings available: Merchandise Associate, Administrative Coordinator and Customer Experience Coordinator. Visit tjxjobs.com for a complete listing of opening positions and locations.
19. UnitedHealth Group has several openings available including the following: Database Developer, Nurse Practitioner, Industrial Engineer, and Clinical Services Manager. For more information about UnitedHealth Group and all career opportunities available, please consider the following: Log onto the careers website at: http://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com/.
“Chat online” with recruiters every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday! You can find this on the careers website or here is a link to the main page that discusses the career area and times/dates when recruiters are available to chat: http://bit.ly/UHGchat
20. United Life Insurance Co. is looking for Home Service Insurance Agents for the Indianapolis and Muncie area. They are looking for 4 people for the Indianapolis area and 1 person for the Muncie area. This position requires that agents get a life and health and property and casualty license from the State. United Life Insurance Co. will employ the agent while studying for licenses and pay them $450 per week while doing this. They also provide a salary to employees. This is not a commission only position. They also offer a full benefits package including 401k, and a 6 year vesting program. The person applying must have a car, license and be able to pass a background and BMV check. Contact Rick Davis direct @ 317-627-1014 cell, 317-253-4215 office for appointments.
21. Westin Indianapolis is hiring for the following positions: General Maintenance Engineer, Front Desk Agent, Room Attendant, Mini Bar Attendant, Telephone Attendant, and In Room Dining Server. Apply online at www.starwood.jobs/indianapolis
Thank you for visiting the IUL Job Board, a tool for your self-directed job search. If you decide to apply for any of these positions, please let the employer know you learned about the position from the postings on our website. If the information provided here assists you in gaining employment, please let us know. You can call 693-7642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.