1. 3M Company – is currently looking for a Project Specialist, Project Manager, Mechanical Design Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Configuration Specialist, and Acoustics Application Engineer. Apply online at http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/careers/home/jobs/search/. In the “Location” box choose United States, then Indiana and in the last box choose Indianapolis. Click the “ Search for Jobs” button. Select job title to view description and apply.
2. Altec Industries – has positions available for Hydraulic Technician (Heavy Equipment). Responsibilities: Provide quality service and repair of the Altec product line, primarily but not limited to truck-mounted hydraulic equipment. Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED. Possess the basic skills and product-related knowledge necessary to work on Aerials, Full Flow Derricks, Basic Hydraulics and Basic Electrical so as to successfully meet all Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the position of Service. Technician. This experience could be gained in the servicing of same or related heavy equipment (e.g., farm tractors, cranes, ground support equipment, construction equipment, tanks). This position will also require successful completion of company-sponsored training and certification during the first year(s) of employment, e.g., Fluid Power Society (FPS) certification, Basic Hydraulic, Basic Electrical, Large and Small Aerial classes. Basic knowledge of Electrical and JIC schematics. Ability to learn computer skills necessary for communication and records keeping. Overtime and shift work may be required. Physical effort is required to move objects that may weigh up to 75 pounds, including service-related tools. Frequent stooping, bending, squatting and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment. A high level of dexterity is required in the use of a variety of hand and power tools. Must live in the area.
Hydraulic Technician Trainee - Heavy Equipment. Responsibilities: Provide maintenance, warranty and repair services on designated product lines. With minimal supervision, oftentimes independently, complete service and repair tasks ranging from the basic to complex, including hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting, replacing components, evaluating repairs and damage, rebuilding and remounting equipment, performing diagnostics and structural repairs on critical components. Perform all tasks consistent with Altec and customer safety practices and procedures. Keep skills and knowledge base current to effectively service and repair new machinery and implement new service and repair techniques. Maintain accurate records of all service and repair work. Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED. Ability to learn computer skills necessary for communication and records keeping. Demonstrated basic knowledge of hand tools, power tools and measuring devices. Some work experience or educational background related to mechanics, electronics or hydraulic systems. Overtime and shift work may be required. Physical effort is required to move objects that may weigh up to 75 pounds, including service-related tools. Frequent stooping, bending, squatting and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment. A high level of dexterity is required in the use of a variety of hand and power tools. The position requires effective interaction and teamwork with other service, manufacturing, engineering, and sales associates within Altec. Effective interaction is also required with representatives/associates of the customer's organization.
Associate Engineer - Entry Level. Job Summary: Positions available for recent graduates in Design, Quality and Manufacturing Engineering at the Altec Final Assembly Facility in Indianapolis, IN. Associate engineers work with other engineers implementing lean principles throughout the facility, support manufacturing and the field with existing products and may work with New Product Development teams. Altec engineers are in a job rotation program, giving them exposure to various product lines and engineering disciplines. Responsibilities: Design, modify, and/or apply components and system using engineering methods and techniques to meet specified technical objectives on time. Analyze and solve complex product design, application, manufacturing, installation and service problems. Create unique original product designs which may be patentable. Direct other engineers and technical support personnel to carry out specific design tasks. Analyze competitive product designs and report findings. Implement defect prevention procedures or processes in product design or application. Analyze new technologies for potential application in utility equipment. Develops standards and procedures used in the design and manufacture of CAD products. Provides technical leadership for supervisors. Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED. Engineering degree in one of the following majors - Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Electrical Engineering. Must be a U.S. Citizen or have the ability to legally to work in the U.S. (Altec does not provide Sponsorship).
Qualified candidates can apply online at https://careers.altec.com/psc/P90HALT_APP_1/APPLICANT/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?NoCrumbs=ye. Click on "Location" to sort the list by city then click on “Next” to page through the list.
3. American Structurepoint – has openings for IT Consultant. Job Summary: Position involves supporting both our internal and our client's network and servers. Your involvement with clients would include verbal and written communications as well as some presentations. Some travel may be required. Qualifications: Bachelors degree in Information Technology or Science related field required; 3-6 years of Corporate IT experience preferred. Interested candidates must have the ability to effectively communicate both written and orally with end-users, as well as clients, be able to take and follow directions from management but also work independently to quickly and accurately solve computer related problems, have corporate experience with switches, routers, TCP/IP protocol, Windows Servers/Clients, and Active Directory. Suggested Skills: VBScript, Java Script, ASP, Unix, Exchange, SQL Server, and Internet Information Server.
Desktop Support. Job Summary: An entry-level IT position with opportunity to grow. Growth opportunities include server and network support, project management, and IT consulting. Current responsibilities would include but are not limited to setup, installation, troubleshooting, and maintaining both computer hardware, software, printers\copiers, telephone systems, smart phones, etc.. Phone and remote support, also frequent interaction with clients and vendors. Some travel maybe involved (day trips). Qualifications: Bachelors degree in Information Technology or Science related field. Must have the ability to effectively communicate both written and orally with end-users as well as management, be able to take and follow directions from management but also work independently to quickly and accurately to solve computer related problems, have knowledge of computer networking and Windows Servers/Clients environments. Suggested Skills: VBScript, Java Script, ASP.
There are opportunities for Investigative Project Engineer, Party Chief and Instrument Man. Apply online at http://www.structurepoint.com/jobs.cfm/Jobs/All.
4. CareerKickoff – search for employment openings at www.careerkickoff.com.
5. Con-way Freight – seeks a Customer Service Representative (Part-Time). Location: Plainfield IN. Job Number: CUS001440. Job Summary: Provide service excellence to both internal and external customers. Collaborate with customers and service center personnel to resolve issues. Responsibilities: Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends. Perform general clerical duties as assigned, including but not limited to answering and directing phone calls, filing, data entry and billing. Attention to detail including recognizing and resolving documentation errors. Process over, short and damaged freight and related documentation for customer resolution. Assist customers via phone, email and fax with inquiries including but not limited to tracing shipments, rate quotes, tariff discrepancies and billing and/or invoicing questions. Properly bill shipments pursuant to applicable tariffs and pricing agreements. Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery. Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location. Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications: Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills. Previous customer service experience. Transportation experience is a plus. Strong computer, typing and 10-key skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook). Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment. Apply online at http://tinyurl.com/82leg7w.
Trailer Mechanic. Location: Indianapolis IN. Job Number: MAI000553. Job Summary: At Con-way, our skilled team of mechanics is the driving force that keeps our fleet of tractors and trailers operating in top condition. If you have a strong mechanical and diagnostic aptitude, love to take on challenges and be recognized and rewarded for your hard work, have a dedication to great customer service and are a true team player, this could be the job for you. Con-way recognizes the value that our mechanic team provides, and we in turn provide a working environment that is safe, efficient and up to date with the latest equipment necessary to perform work at a high level. Our mechanics and maintenance team are some of the best in the automotive and transportation business. Qualifications: Must supply own Class 8 Diesel mechanic hand tools required for trailer mechanic use. Basic computer skills. General trailer repair and knowledge. Current ASE certifications desired, not required. Basic welding skills such as Oxy/Acetylene and MIG. Apply online at http://tinyurl.com/85kx57n.
Visit http://www.con-way.com/en/careers/ to view open positions. Select “All Others” from the menu on the right under “Search Con-way Careers”. Then key in the job number in the “Job Number Box” or in the “Location” box choose United States, then Indiana and lastly Indianapolis or Plainfield. Click the “Search for Jobs” button.
6. Eagle Creek Aviation – seeks A&P Technician II. Job Summary: Perform maintenance on aircraft systems and sub-systems as directed. Mechanical requirements include disassembly inspection, build up and operational checks of systems and components of aircraft. Responsibilities: Perform complex and critical maintenance on aircraft mechanical, structural, power plant, interior or avionics systems of type aircraft. Disassembly, cleaning and inspection of mechanical, electrical or interior systems and components. In a timely and professional manor complete all paperwork related to tasks performed with detailed documentation I/A/W Federal Aviation Regulations. Responsible for safe and standard maintenance practices associated with FAA repair station. Responsible for maintaining a clean and professional work area. Assists Tech III's & IV's or Department Manager as required or requested. Has fulfilled and is competent in all essential duties and responsibilities of a Tech I. Other responsibilities and/or tasks that may occasionally be delegated to the employee by their supervisor and/or management. Qualifications: High School Diploma. Minimum of 1 years prior experience. Ability to perform basic and complex maintenance tasks. Understanding of FAR's and regulations pertaining to aircraft maintenance. Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objective without supervision. Ability to handle and resolve technical issues and problems. Ability to effectively utilize technical documentation and literature. In addition maintains all the required knowledge, skills and abilities of Tech I. Licensed Airframe and Power plant Technician. Must have complete set of own tools in order to perform the required maintenance of aircraft. Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested.
There are also openings for A&P Technician Level III, A&P Technician Level IV and A&P Technician Crew Chief. To learn more about these positions and the company visit website at http://eagle-creek.myexacthire.com/searchlistings.php. Select "Indianapolis, IN" in the "Location" box and click the "Search" button.
7. Elwood Staffing – has an opening for Shipping/Stock Specialist. Wage: $10.00 a hour. Job Summary: This position is first shift, Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM. Also, this person needs to be there every day, be punctual, and want to grow with the company. The client will review qualified resumes and interview face to face. Qualifications: Ideal candidate needs to have a high school diploma or GED. Forklift experience. Able to lift 70 lbs occasionally, and experience with shipping and stocking. A plus would be having UPS World Ship experience but it is not necessary. Also, the candidate should also be able to assemble hoses and small parts used in manufacturing tools. Contact: Amber Dixon, 4908 South Emerson Ave., Indianapolis IN 46203, (317) 782-8100, email@example.com.
Production/Forklift Worker. Job Summary: Factory work, Lifting up to 70 lbs. Some inspection (visual), some line work, carrying raw material to destinations in factory. Work 12 hour shifts 6pm- 6 a.m., will work 3days on 2 days off, & every other weekend. Qualifications: HS diploma/GED required Recent Forklift experience required Clean Background required Production experience required Stable Work history required Previous factory exp a plus must have sit down forklift experience. Must have steel toe shoes. Able to stand for 12 hours, must not be allergic to fiberglass, safety goggles required. Contact: Charlene Terry, 4908 South Emerson Ave., Indianapolis IN 46203, (317) 782-8100, firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are openings for Brake Press Operator, Class CDL A Driver, Cold Storage Forklift Driver, Delivery Driver, Production Planner, Shipping Dept. and Riveter. View job descriptions online at www.elwoodstaffing.com. Select “View Our Jobs” from the menu on the left side of the page. Then select “Indiana” in the “Location” box and click the “SEARCH” button. Page through the list to find position of interest and click on job title for more information and to apply. You must register with Elwood Staffing online and login to apply.
8. Federal Government Jobs – to view open positions visit website at: www.usajobs.com. Type “Indianapolis, IN” or your zip code in the box for “Where: (U.S. city, state or zip code)”. You can also use the keyword box to look for a certain type of position.
9. Goodwill Industries - has openings for Team Leaders (Carmel, Avon, and Fishers). Job Summary: Job Summary: Works with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, to plan and execute store operational and staff management objectives as they relate to supporting the annual operating plan. Supports decision making in areas involving customers, team members, operational issues, business planning, priority setting, compliance with company policies, and assisting the store manager with any and all areas of the business. Drives Goodwill’s mission to help people in central Indiana prepare for, find and keep jobs, with an emphasis on finding employment. Additionally, supports and manages through embracing and demonstrating Goodwill’s Five Basic Principles. Qualifications: High school diploma or GED (associate’s preferred). 6 Months of leadership experience. Minimum 1 year of retail or service related industry experience. Microsoft Office products and internet navigation proficiency. Solid communication verbal and written skills. Committed to continuous improvement. Strong relationship management abilities. Results-orientated and driven to achieve goals.
Data Clerk. Wage: $12 - $15 per hour. Job Summary: Ensures prompt and accurate data entry and retrieval through the department Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Provides reporting on all submitted work requests, daily updates requests to approved work orders, and closes out complete work orders. Maintains daily status reports for all work. Provides information to retail management as needed regarding work status. Qualifications: High school diploma. 3 -5 years of experience in office administration utilizing data entry skills. Proven organizational and time management skills. Ability to communication both written and verbally to effectively communicate with various levels of the organization. Minimum of 3 years of experience utilizing Microsoft Office products. 1 - 2 years of Database Management (e.g. CMMS). Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and interpret requests for general maintenance. Ability to define problems and collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Electrician. Wage: $20-$25 per hour. Job Summary: Maintains and repairs facility, and physical grounds at all GWI locations. Responsibilities: Demonstrating behavior consistent with Goodwill Industries Historic Values, Basic Principles and Standards of Conduct. Travel to all off-site central Indiana GWI locations by company service vehicle to maintain physical locations and properties in condition consistent with GWI initiatives and branding strategy. Locations include retail store locations, warehouses, Industrial Services (Tremont), and the corporate location (includes Indianapolis MET and the Excel Center). Ensure all work performed is of high quality and meets with all state and local municipality requirements and all applicable building codes. Maintains parts/tool inventory as needed. Communicates with maintenance supervisor/director, retail store management, service contractors, and others to coordinate electrical repair activities. Other duties may be assigned. Qualifications: Must have an approved journeyman’s license (certified completion of 4 year apprentice program) in the electrical trade. Minimum five (5) years experience required. Skilled in typical light commercial and industrial electrical work, which includes, but not limited to, 110VAC circuit wiring. Proficiency in troubleshooting and repair of 220/480 VAC circuits and power feeds. Preferred proficiency in low voltage applications ( <24 VDC) cat5e voice/telecom and security systems. Read and interpret architectural drawings for construction specifications. Knowledge of database software (i.e. CMMS), spreadsheet software and word processing software. (i.e. MS Office Suite) preferred. Be a self-directed, self starter who takes initiative to find and solve problems. Dedicated to customer satisfaction. Up-to-date automobile insurance, valid driver’s license and good driving record. Must be able to pass the background check process. Ability to work on-call duties outside of normal business hours and on weekends.
Carpenter. Wage: $20-$25 per hour. Job Summary: Maintains and repairs facility, and physical grounds at all GWI locations. Responsibilities: Demonstrating behavior consistent with Goodwill Industries Historic Values, Basic Principles and Standards of Conduct. Travel to all off-site central Indiana GWI locations by company service vehicle to maintain physical locations and properties in condition consistent with GWI initiatives and branding strategy. Locations include retail store locations, warehouses, Industrial Services (Tremont), and the corporate location (includes Indianapolis MET and the Excel Center). Ensure all work performed is of high quality and meets with all state and local municipality requirements. Maintains parts/tool inventory as needed. Communicates with maintenance supervisor/director, retail store management, service contractors, and others to coordinate painting activities. Other duties may be assigned. Qualifications: Must have an approved journeyman’s license (certified completion of a 4 year apprentice program) in the carpentry trade. Minimum five (5) years experience required. Skilled in typical light commercial and industrial carpentry work, which includes, but not limited to, basic interior wood and light gage steel framing. Proficient in basic finish carpentry which includes, but not limited to, hanging of sheet plywood and gypsum board. Experienced in the installation of architectural drop-in ceilings. Accomplished in interior wood and hollow metal door installation. Preferred proficiency in a majority of door hardware applications, closers, hinges, locksets, and door panic devices. Able to read and interpret architectural drawings for construction specifications. Knowledge of database software (i.e. CMMS), spreadsheet software and word processing software (i.e. MS Office Suite) preferred. Be a self-directed, self starter who takes initiative to find and solve problems. Dedicated to customer satisfaction. Up-to-date automobile insurance, valid driver’s license and good driving record. Must be able to pass the background check process. Ability to work on-call duties outside of normal business hours and on weekends.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.goodwillindy.org/mod/jobs/jobsAtGoodwill/abso. There are also openings for Assistant Site Manager, Nurse Manager, Nurse Home Visitor, Part-Time Child Care Attendant, Substitute Teacher, Continuous Improvement Manager and Regional Loss Prevention Manager.
10. Hard2Hire – is an employment website for people such as individuals with disabilities, ex-offenders, older workers, and many others who have the hardest time finding the American dream. To learn about various employment opportunities visit website at http://www.hard2hire.com/. When the page comes up, type in your zip code in the first box under “Find Your Job” and the job title of interest in the “keyword” box then click the “Search” button.
11. Higher Education Jobs.Com – to learn about various employment opportunities with colleges and universities in Indiana visit website at: http://www.higheredjobs.com/state/search.cfm?State=IN.
12. Hilton Indianapolis – is currently looking to fill the following positions: Restaurant Server, Valet Parker, Room Attendant, Housekeeping Houseperson, Assistant Executive Housekeeper and Group Rooms Coordinator. Current job openings posted at http://www.besthotelcareers.com/. Select “Find a career with us” from the menu on the left side of the page. Then choose the first listing of “Indianapolis, IN (Hilton Indianapolis)” from the “Location” box and click the “Search now” button at top of page. To view complete job description and apply, click on “More info/Apply” on the right side of the page. Job Line: 317-822-5857.
13. Honda of Indiana – seeks to fill the positions of Plastics Engineer, Parts Quality Engineer Purchasing, Budget Controller, BM: Safety Engineer/ Specialist, OEM Buyer, Safety Engineer, Quality Engineer Electrical, BA: Equipment Engineer, Paint Process Engineer, Quality Engineer Interior, Frame Quality Exterior, Paint Quality Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Quality Engineer Engine, Quality Engineer Exterior, Manufacturing Engineer, Employee Relations Generalist, Market Quality Engineer and Equipment Maintenance Associate. Apply online at http://corporate.honda.com/careers/find-a-job.aspx. Select “Indiana” from the first slot under “Location” and “Greensburg” from the second slot. Then, click the “Search for Jobs” button to bring up list of openings. Page through to find job title of interest and click on it for more information and to apply.
14. Hyatt Regency – has openings for a Cook1 (On-Call), Cook2 (On-Call), Food & Beverage Supervisor, Greeter (Eagle’s Nest Restaurant), Greeter (One South Restaurant), Houseperson (Banquets/Convention Services), On-Call Banquet Server/Bartender (NYE/Super Bowl), Regency Club Concierge and Server (One South Restaurant, Part-Time). Apply online at https://hyatt.taleo.net/careersection/10780/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&organization=40013. Click on the down arrow in the "Location" box and select "United States". Then in the box below it select "Indiana" and in the last box choose "Indianapolis". Click the "Search for Jobs" button to see the open positions.
15. Indeed.com – list jobs from various search engines and online job sites. Search site now at www.indeed.com.
16. Indiana Not-for-Profit News – to learn about various employment opportunities with non-profit organizations visit website at http://www.notforprofitnews.com/findajob/openingsindy.html.
18. Jack in the Box – has opened its first Indiana location at 8950 South U.S. 31 on Indianapolis' south side. The hamburger chain has more than 2,200 restaurants in 20 states. We will be opening multiple locations in Indianapolis. We are currently looking for motivated, friendly Restaurant Managers who are passionate about providing a great dining experience. Our Restaurant Managers are business savvy professionals responsible for running $1 - 2 million businesses.
We have openings for Restaurant Managers. Salary: $36,000 To $45000 Per Year. Responsibilities: Managing the overall operations of the restaurant. Ensuring consistent delivery of a “WOW” guest experience. Developing the restaurant team to provide excellent internal and external service. Building sales and profits while ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. Qualifications: Requires high school diploma. Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred. Successful candidates must have 4+ years of restaurant operations experience in supervisory or lead position with strong customer service and leadership skills. Must be at least 18 years old. Written Communications, Time Management, Problem Solving, Peer Relationships, Organizational Agility, Motivating Others, Listening, Leadership, Integrity and Trust, Humor, Hiring and Staffing, Ethics and Values, Managing Diversity, Directing Others, Developing Direct Reports, Customer Focus, Conflict Management, Command Skills, Career Ambition, Approchability Apply online at https://jackinthebox.tms.hrdepartment.com/jobs/2184/RESTAURANT-MANAGEMENTIndianapolis-Indiana. To learn more about the company visit website at http://www.jackinthebox.com/.
19. Johnson Control – is seeking a Security and Fire Technician. Job Number: 073369. Job Summary: Under direct supervision, completes assigned programming, commissioning, basic troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of fire / security systems per contract obligations. Responsibilities: Assists experienced personnel with solutions to systems problems either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems. Requires understanding of core and third party fire / security products, software and systems / electrical technology. Assists in performing required commissioning documentation. Provide accurate information for as-builts documentation. Adheres to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety. Maintains appropriate local and National Fire / Security Industry Certifications. Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place. Assists in monitoring project execution per plan. Reports problems or changes to supervisor or management. Completes paperwork and on site documentation as required. Performs self-study (reading, research, and practice) to obtain technical proficiency on required products and application. Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications: High school diploma plus two years experience in installing fire / security systems required. Electronics certification from an accredited technical school or military electronics training desired. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts. Basic computer skills required. Attention to detail. Apply online at http://tinyurl.com/7ps89e9.
There are also openings O&M Specialist II, O&M Specialist III - HVAC, O&M Specialist III, GWS Project Engineer, HVAC Senior Controls Technician, Regional Safety and Health Manager, O & M Facility Planner Scheduler, and many others. Visit website at http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/publish/us/en.html. Select “Careers” at the top of the page. Click “Job Search” on the left and then from the second and third slots of the “Location” box choose “Indiana’” and “Indianapolis”. Click the “Search for Jobs” button to see open positions and job descriptions or type the job number or keywords in the appropriate box.
20. Indy Hires – Out of work? Looking for a new career? Search new jobs posted in Indianapolis in the last 7 days. Visit website at http://indy.localhires.com/. Type job title of interest in search box and click the “Search” button.
21. Indy JobWall – to learn about various employment opportunities with colleges and universities in Indiana visit website at http://indy.localjobwall.com/?p=16.
22. Jobs in Indianapolis.com – to learn about various employment opportunities in Indianapolis visit website at http://www.jobsinindianapolis.com/.
23. Marriott – has 58 open positions. These positions are at the Marriott, JW Marriott and Courtyard Marriott. Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Banquet Barback, Banquet Captain, Banquet Host Cashier, Banquet Houseperson, Banquet Houseperson Supervisor, Banquet Server, Barista, Bartender, Breakfast Server, Busser, Cocktail Server, Culinary Supervisor, Dishwasher/Steward, Engineering Administrative Assistant, Engineering Technician II, Event Concierge, First Cook, Food Runner, Front Desk Clerk, Front Desk Manager, Front Office Supervisor, General Cashier, Host/Hostess, Housekeeper, Housekeeping Manager, Kitchen Supervisor, Laundry Attendant, Loss Prevention, Maintenance Technician, Night Audit, Public Area Attendant, Restaurant Manager II, Room Service Captain, Room Service Supervisor, Sales Administrative Assistant, Second Cook, Server, Starbucks Supervisor, Stewarding Manager and Third Cook. Apply online at http://whitelodging.com/careers/opportunities.asp. Click on the link “Click here to begin a new search, create a new account or login”. When the page comes up, choose “Indiana” in the “State” box and the Indianapolis locations from the “City” box. Then click the “Search” button. Lastly, select the job title of interest. In order to apply, you must create an account first.
24. Old Castle Envelope Building – seeks Machine Operator. Responsibilities: Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements. Sets stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule or templates. Observes machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction. Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements. Performs routine machine maintenance. Assist other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product. Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area. Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned ona temporary or permanent basis as needed. Qualifications: High school diploma or GED equivalent or 1-6 months experience. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to be a self-starter and work independently. Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must encompass computer literacy. Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments. Apply online at http://tinyurl.com/7sqbnlg.
Manufacturer/Production. Job Summary: This is a general laborer position. All duties performed will be in a manufacturing environment. 2nd and 3rd Shift Posistions available. Responsibilities: Moving material including glass from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the glass/object throughout the plant. Manual assemble raw materials to create a finished component to a product. Muscular, cardiovascular, and upper/lower body manipulation is used to more the glass/objects through the glass and fabricating process (bending, twisting, and reaching). On and off loading of glass from tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours daily. Responsible for maintaining work area, inventory control, quality control in relation to the product being assembled, and meeting production needs set by management. The "team concept" instituted for shop floor production workers requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis. Therefore, all shop functions required by supervisors are considered essential functions of the job. Qualifications: Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds. Read, understand and communicate paperwork and labels. Understand units of measurement and perform general mathematical equations. Read and use tape measure. Previous manufacturing experience required. Previous product assembly experience recommended. Requires standing and walking on a concrete floor while wearing steel-toed shoes with metatarsal guards and other safety equipement for eight hours or more daily. Gripping, cupping and clamping hand and wrist motions are required to support, carry and maneuver glass/objects to platform heights of thee feet in a manner considered safe for self and other. All candidates will be subject to a drug screen and background check. Apply online at http://tinyurl.com/7cqsnem.
There are also openings for a Maintenance Repair Mechanic, Traffic Supervisor and Associate Inventory Manager. To learn more about the company visit website at www.oldcastle.com. To view and apply for other positions, click on "Careers" at the top of the page. Then select "Search Jobs". When the page comes up choose "Indiana" from the State box and click "SEARCH". Select job title of interest to view description and apply.
25. Omni Severin Hotel – has openings for Restaurant Supervisor, Laundry Supervisor, Steward Night Cleaner, Banquet Server (Part-Time), Front Office Supervisor, Night Manager, Director of Sales & Marketing, Stewarding Supervisor, Housekeeping, Mini-Bar Attendant (Part-Time), Dining Room Attendant, Host/Hostess, and Server Restaurant. Apply in person on Wednesday or Friday, 12Pm – 4PM at 40 West Jackson Place, Indianapolis, IN 46225 or submit your resume online at www.OmniHotels.com. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Employment”. Then on the left side of the page, select “Job Openings”’. Once the page comes up, scroll down to Indiana and click on the hotel’s name “Omni Severin”. When the list of open positions appears click on the position of interest to read job description and apply.
26. Ozburn-Hessey Logistics – is looking to the fill the position of Material Handler. Location: Plainfield, IN. Job Summary: Receiving, storing, and distributing material, tools, equipment, and products within establishments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is frequently required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee regularly lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The employee is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including climates consistent with outside weather conditions. Responsibilities: Loads and unloads product to and from delivery vehicles and designated storage areas. Reads production schedule, customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed. Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas. Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence, such as: size, type, style, color, or product code. Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line. Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department. Marks materials with identifying information. Opens bales, crates, and other containers. Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed. Weighs or counts items for distribution to ensure conformance to company standards. Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers. Enters and maintains inventory records in the computer. Prepares parcels for mailing. Cleans warehouse area. Other duties as required and assigned. Qualifications: High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency. Minimum 1 to 3 months of related experience. Ability to perform these operations using units of American currency and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or two-step instructions. Ability to complete duties with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. Apply online at http://www.jobsinindianapolis.com/jobs.asp?pagemode=15&jid=2586873&utm_campaign=JCpartner&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=jobLink&utm_content=v1.
There are also openings for Operator I, Service Technician, Shipping Team Lead, Human Resource Generalist and Evening Shipping and Receiving Lead. Apply online at https://www.ohl.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showSearchInterface. Select “Indiana” from the State/Province box and Plainfield from the City-Zip Code box. Click the “Search” button.
27. PNC – seeks Tellers (Part-Time). Job Summary: You are the key element of any retail bank: the personal face of PNC to its retail customers. As a PNC Teller Banking Representative, you join a large organization with the small scale and manageability of your branch office. In your role, you'll gain the satisfaction of knowing that you are meeting customers' needs by providing personable, quick service. Your position will report to the Branch Manager. Each banking day will follow a typical rhythm, one that engages you while you are there, and one that also lets you leave your day at the office. There will be a regular set of prescribed procedures, but a variety of customer requests and transactions: check cashing, deposits, loan payments or withdrawals, and product explanations. You'll be counted upon for your accuracy and math skills, of course. But your tact, diplomacy, and communications skills will be equally important, with familiar customer faces or new ones. All the while, your position brings you the security and room-to-grow offered by a large company, and the neighborliness of a branch bank, where you'll know the customers by name, and work in a team-oriented environment. Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent. At least 6 months of cash handling or retail service experience is required. Excellent interpersonal skills and professional manner. Ability to cross-sell products and services preferred. Prior experience in being evaluated by customers is preferred. Good verbal communication skills. Computer skills to include the ability to work in Windows based systems. Aptitude for mathematics. Ability to lift heavy coin as well as stand on feet for a long period of time. Ability to work evenings and weekends based on branch needs. Ability to communicate in another language is a plus. Apply online at https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_advsearch.asp?partnerid=15783&siteid=5130. Scroll down to the “Proximity Search” box. Select how many miles from your home you are willing to travel in the first box and the word “miles” from the second box. Then type your zip code in the “Zip postal code” slot and click the “Search” button. Click on the words “Position City” to sort the list by city. Scroll through list and click on the job title to view job description and apply. Click “Save to cart” to apply. You must create a login on the site to apply for PNC positions.
28. Reinhart Foodservice – has an opening for a CDL A Driver. Location: Indianapolis, IN. Job Summary: CDL Class A drivers transport products from distribution center to customer locations, conduct pre/post trip inspections, unload cased products from trailer to desired customer location, and other duties as assigned. Drivers must be willing to operate a Tracscan unit and be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and lift and/or move up to 100 pounds occasionally. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required. Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Drivers must have a valid Class A CDL for interstate commerce with a minimum of 1 year driving experience with a Class A-CDL. We are an interstate carrier, by law you must be at least 21 years of age. Candidates must have a satisfactory motor vehicle record. Food distribution/delivery experience is preferred. Position must pass a post offer letter drug test, DOT physical, and background check. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function of a position. Apply online at http://www.reinhartfoodservice.com/careers/ViewPosting.aspx?Id=1417.
29. Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites – is currently looking to fill the positions of Steward, Guest Services Agent, Front Desk Manager, Front Desk Agent, Barista, Banquet Server (On-Call) and Banquet House Attendant. Apply online at http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/careers/index.html. Click on "find a job and apply now" on the right side of the page. When the page comes up, scroll down to "Filter Criteria" section and select "Indianapolis" from the “City” box and “Sheraton” from the “Brand” box. View list of open positions at the bottom of the page. Click on the job title to view the description and apply.
30. Spot Freight – is hiring for its Freight Sales department. Responsibilities: Generate business through cold-calling and qualified leads from existing customers. Develop relationships with Carriers to handle your customers freight. Customer Service on Existing Accounts. Enter customer orders into dispatch system. Track and Trace Customer Orders. Assist A/R department with any delinquent accounts. Qualifications: College Graduate(No Major Specified). Strong work ethic, and communication skills. "Multi-Tasker". Good problem solving skills. To view job description and apply visit website at http://www.spotmyfreight.com/careers/.
31. United Health Group – seeks Product Specialist Vision, Provider Relations Vision Representative, Provider Data Consultant Network Triage & Implementation, Director Network Contracting, Customer Service Representative, Health Educator Call Center, Senior Project Manager, Senior COBOL Applications Developer, BizTalk Developer, Senior Sales Operations Representative, SBA Account Executive, UHO Health Broker Sales Executive, Sales Operations Specialist, Senior Administrative Assistant, Key Account Manager and TPA Strategic Acct Executive. View job descriptions and apply online at Openings in Indianapolis.
32. US Foodservice – is hiring a Van Driver – Non CDL. Wage: $13.01 per hour . Responsibilities: Drive a van for the purpose of delivering and unloading various produce and other products while providing excellent customer service. Perform all pre-trip responsibilities to include: checking route numbers and account numbers for assigned deliveries, count items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route. Unload products from the van and place them in designated customer storage areas. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns. Attend all required company meetings. Qualifications: High School Diploma/GED preferred, must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job. Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide). Must have valid Drivers License and clean MVR. No DUI's or licenses suspended in the last 3 years. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must be able to work Saturdays. Must be able to perform all job functions safely. Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for the position. Must have excellent customer service skills. Apply for requisition number 12000191 by January 19, 2012.
Delivery Driver. Responsibilities: Drive a tractor trailer for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods) while providing excellent customer service. It is further required that above function be completed in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Perform all pre-trip responsibilities to include: checking route numbers and account numbers for assigned deliveries, count items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded, move tractor to the loading dock to attach preloaded trailer, and perform "pre-trip safety check" inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route. Unload products from the trailer with a hand truck or by hand and place them in designated customer storage areas. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns. Perform all post-trip responsibilities to include: unload damaged goods and customer returns and complete necessary paperwork; turn in all funds collected daily; perform safety check on the vehicle, unhook and secure trailer; park and secure tractor and hand truck; complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required. Must be able to take overnight routes as needed. Attend all required company meetings. Qualifications: High School Diploma/GED required, must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations. Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide). Must have Commercial Drivers License (CDL), class A. Must meet the medical requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOT). Minimum 2 years over the road commercial driving experience or 1 year of food or beverage delivery experience. Pedal stop delivery experience preferred. Must be able to work the 5:00 a.m. starting shift. Doubles qualified is preferred.Must be able to use, or learn to use, all equipment, global positioning systems (GPS) i.e. XATA, and tools used to perform the job. Must be able to perform all job functions safely. Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for the position. Must know/have ability to learn MSDS information regarding all material used within the scope of the work. Must be able to apply tire chains. Must be able to perform coupling procedures for the Tractor/Trailer.
Must have excellent customer service skills. Must be at least 21 years of age. Apply for requisition number 12000158 by January 29, 2012.
There is also an opening for a Transportation Supervisor, requisition number 12000145, deadline to apply January 29, 2012. Apply on-line at https://usfood.taleo.net/careersection/ext/joblist.ftl Click “Advanced Search” underneath the “Job Search” tab. Type in the requisition number and click the “Search for Jobs” button. You can visit our careers center at http://www.usfoods.com/USFCareers.aspx to search for other available opportunities. Deadline to apply January 19, 2012. ATTENTION !!: The profile you submit to apply for this position is your official application. USF requires 10 years of work history plus education history and an electronic signature verifying that all information you have submitted is complete and true. Incomplete applications will NOT be reviewed. Your resume is not an application so make sure that information is entered on your profile.
33. US Postal Service – has openings for City Carrier (Transitional Employee). Salary Range: $22.15 per hour. Job Summary: Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and procedures commonly used, and with the geography of the area. May be required to carry mail weighing up to 35 pounds in shoulder satchels or other equipment and to load or unload container of mail weighing up to 70 pounds. Responsibilities: Routes or cases all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along an established route. Rearranges and relabels cases as required. Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery by himself or a substitute along an established route. Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along route for subsequent delivery. Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures. Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay boxes as needed. Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail. Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed. Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and c.o.d. mail matter. Delivers and obtains receipts for registered and certain insured mail. Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of receipts taken. Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route. Checks, and corrects if necessary, mailing cards from advertisers bearing names and addresses of customers or former customers on the route. Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of address cards and other postal forms as needed. Reports to supervisor all unusual incidents or conditions relating to mail delivery, including condition of street letter boxes and centralized delivery equipment. Becomes proficient, when assigned to a route, in the casing of mail on other routes as assigned. Works professionally with other employees in the office. May as a substitute carrier, perform clerical duties and be required to pass examinations on scheme of city primary distribution. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: check hotels and other establishments to ensure that mail for residents undeliverable as addressed is not improperly held; deliver stamps or other paper supplies to contract or classified stations and other designated delivery points; serves at carriers' delivery window; receive and register where practical, all letters and packages of first-class matter properly offered for registration; case mail and make deliveries on other routes as assigned. Qualifications: Applicants must be 18 years of age or be a high school graduate. Must be a US Citizen or have lawful permanent resident alien status (proof required). All males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service or have legal exemption (proof required). Selective Service registration numbers can be obtained from the SS website at www.SSS.gov. Applicants must complete the application in its entirety. Failure to provided required information will result in the disqualification of your application. Applicants must successfully live within 50 miles of the facility address in order to be eligible for this position because the work is performed in (office) and candidates will need to be present for screening activities, including an interview. NOTE: Veterans who are entitled to veterans preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity ACT may apply for any posted position. For individuals on active military duty, phone interviews must be allowed and should be considered when requested by preference eligibles and those covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act. Applicants must have a valid state driver's license in the state where they reside, a good driving record and at least two years of documented driving experience. Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement to be drug free. ALL applicants must apply online at http://www.usps.com/employment. Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, January 24, 2012.
34. Westin Hotel Indianapolis – is currently looking to fill the positions of Service Express Agent, Security Officer, Room Service Server (PT), General Maintenance Engineer, and Cook. Apply online at http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/careers/index.html. Click on "find a job and apply now" on the right side of the page. When the page comes up, scroll down to "Filter Criteria" section and select "Indianapolis" from the “City” box and “Westin” from the “Brand” box. View list of open positions at the bottom of the page. Click on the job title to view the description and apply.
Thank you for visiting the IUL Job Board, a tool for your self-directed job search. If you decide to apply for any of these positions, please let the employer know you learned about the position from the postings on our website. If the information provided here assist you in gaining employment, please let us know. You can call 693-7655 or email email@example.com.